Our Health is Wealth
We and Our Planet Health
Air Quality or Air PollutionPollution is now a common, Read more...
How to Deal with StressExercise regularly, Read more...
Make Healthier Planet (11 things)A healthy planet is our life-support system, Read more...
Our Health is WealthWe’ve been hearing the statement “Our Health is Wealth”, Read more...
Top 16 Negative Calorie FoodsHow do you eat more while losing more weight, Read more...
What is Stress?We often hear that people are feeling stressed, Read more...
Our Health is Wealth
We’ve been hearing the statement “Our Health is wealth” since our childhood. However, not all of us are acquainted with its literal meaning. It means that no matter how wealthy you are, if we are not healthy, there is nothing we can cherish in life.
Balanced diet, regular physical activity and lifestyle management play a key role in prevention and control of many diseases.
People are suffering from overweight, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases, kidney problems, UTI and so many other unknown problems and a lot of these problems occur because of our lifestyle. What’s the point if you can afford to go to a luxurious 5 star hotel for lunch but can’t eat there because of your health? Or you can’t enjoy a drink with your friends once in a while simply because you over did drinking during your younger days? Money means nothing when it doesn’t afford you the time and means to spend it on yourself and your loved ones. Staying healthy therefore becomes a necessity. Even a little money is sufficient, if you have your health support your run with good times!
1 - Take care of food (eat healthy stay healthy)
Avoid unhealthy food that is high on calories. They gradually take a toll on your health leading to weight gain, heart diseases and cholesterol. A healthy diet is essential to maintaining good health across your life span.
Eat seasonal fruits that are rich in fibers, vitamins and proteins. Nobody asks you ban those delicious deserts all together at the very beginning. But a little moderation at the beginning can ensure that you never reach the stage where you can’t have it any more. Make it a point to eat healthy stay healthy.
A healthy diet as one that provides enough of each essential nutrient, contains a variety of foods from all of the basic food groups, provides adequate energy to maintain a healthy weight, and does not contain excess fat, sugar, salt or alcohol.
There are six essential nutrients -
2. Breakfast - don’t Miss it
Breakfast is the first meal taken after rising from a night's sleep, most often eaten in the early morning before undertaking the day's work. Never skip breakfast, our metabolic rate decreases leading to weight gain and digestion problems. Breakfast increases concentration, helps us focus better and controls weight.
The word literally refers to breaking the fasting period of the prior night.
3. Balanced diet - Its important
Incorporating proteins, minerals, iron, vitamins, calcium, carbs and fat (good fat) in your daily diet is very necessary. Fruits, vegetables, lean meat, poultry, milk, whole grain foods make a balanced diet.
A balanced diet is one that gives your body the nutrition it needs to function properly. In order to get truly balanced nutrition, you should obtain the majority of your daily calories from fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
A balanced diet is important because your body’s organs and tissues need proper nutrition to work effectively. Without good nutrition, your body is more prone to disease, infection, fatigue, and poor performance. Children with a poor diet run the risk of growth and developmental problems. Bad eating habits can continue for the rest of their lives.
"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him" - Buddha
"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them" - Dalai Lama
Exercise is a must, workouts, aerobics, walking or jogging regulates heart rate giving you more energy to work hard through the day. Exercise early in the morning won’t make you feel lazy in the day. It improves blood circulation and releases muscle tension giving you a stronger body and mind.
Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. It is performed for various reasons, including strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance, and merely enjoyment. Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts the immune system and helps prevent the "diseases of affluence" such as heart disease, cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, and obesity. It may also help prevent depression, help to promote or maintain positive self-esteem, improve mental health generally, and even can augment an individual's sex appeal or body image, which has been found to be linked with higher levels of self-esteem.
5. Practice Yoga
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice or discipline that aim to transform body and mind.
Yoga helps in overall mind and body development. It is a two-in-one medium to keep you healthy both mentally and physically.
Top 10 Gym Diet Foods and Their Benefits
Fitness is an overall condition that denotes well-being of the body as well as of the mind. It’s no secret that exercising, on its own, won’t give you an evenly toned body. If you’re looking to get into the right shape, you need to combine your exercise schedule with the proper diet. Depriving your body of certain foods, especially as you maintain a strict exercise routine, is wrong. This will not only make you physically weak, but your stamina and health will also be affected. A perfect fitness plan should be able to strike the right balance between exercising and diet.
The choice of food to go along with your exercise plan can be modified as per your taste and preference. While you may add or remove some of the food items, make sure you balance out the available nutrition with a proper substitute. The various food items mentioned below will help you enhance the effectiveness of your exercises while keeping your stamina and health in place:
- Eggs - Rich sources of amino protein, eggs are serious components for good muscle building. Earlier, egg was considered as a complete food in itself. These are a great source of animal proteins that you require for building body muscles.
- Almonds - A perfect blend of fiber, protein, and fats, almonds are the right snacks you need to add in your regular diet chart. Just one ounce of almonds or cashew offers 150-170 high quality calories. Almonds are ideal snacks, as they fulfil the calorie demand without creating fullness.
- Milk - Most gym goers will never deprive themselves from having a glass of milk every day. Just like eggs, milk is another complete food. It is an excellent hydrating agent that contains muscle-healing proteins. In addition, milk is a rich store of minerals like calcium and refuelling sugar.
- Broccoli - Broccoli contains a lot of free-radical-busting antioxidants suitable for body healing. The energy that you invest in the gym is perfectly replenished by eating broccoli. It contains high quality fiber that speeds up digestion. In addition, broccoli is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- Protein shake - When following a body-building routine, your body’s requirement for protein may not be fulfilled from just milk and lean meats. Protein shakes are good pre-workout doses. These are multi-taskers. They not only prevent excessive muscle degeneration, but also create the platform for optimum nutrient usage and muscle building.
- Salmon - Salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acid. Omega 3 is extremely important for maintaining the health of your heart and brain. It is an excellent post-gym meal that helps repair and rebuild the muscles. Protein-packed salmon is also an alternative for eggs.
- Cottage cheese - Cheese, especially cottage cheese, won’t make you put on those kilos. Cottage cheese, or paneer (in hindi), contains high amount of casein, which helps to steadily raise and retain the level of amino acid. It also contains good bacteria that helps absorb and breakdown other nutrients to be easily absorbed by the body.
- Chickpeas - Replace the rice and grain in your regular diet with chickpeas. Being a rich source of fiber, chickpeas are the perfect source of carbs.
- Blueberries - Blueberry is an equally affluent source of antioxidants as broccoli. The free radicals present in it travel around your body while repairing the damaging cells. It also helps in toning and reshaping muscles.
- Lentils - Since you need to focus on high protein intake as part of your gym diet, make sure you add lentils in your regular food plan. Just one cup of cooked lentils offers 18gm of protein and 40gm of slow digesting carb.
With the list ready, now you know exactly what needs to go in your diet plan during all the time that you’re working out at the gym. While you’re looking to tone up your body and stay fit and in shape, remember to put the right amount of attention towards what you eat. A healthy body can only be a reality with the right mix of exercise and diet. So don’t plan on eating less, but instead, have the right foods and see the difference!
6. Avoid smoking
Smoking ruins your health, sooner or later. Cancer, lung diseases and heart problems all result because of smoking.
7. Control your drinks
Alcohol may relax you after a hard day’s work, but it also reduces the number of white blood cells (WBC fights germs) and thereby indirectly weakens the immunity system.
8. Use less salt
Reduce the salt intake in your diet, as it may lead to strokes and heart diseases in future.
9. Have lots of fluid
Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water every day. It not only flushes your system but also keeps your skin good and healthy.
10. Proper sleep
Get a minimum 8 hours sleep because it relaxes your mind and keeps you healthy.
Prize your Health. It is precious! All it takes are the above tips to stay healthy!
"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship" - Buddha